Spruce & Spark Mitten Pattern
These winter-themed mittens are lots of fun to knit and decorate. These mittens are worked from the cuff up in the round, with a 2x2 corrugated rib to start, and feature an afterthought thumb. Wear them as is, or trim the trees with beads, sequins or embroidery.
2 Sizes: Small (Large) | 7.75 (8.5)” hand circumference, 8.75 (9.75)" length
Tools & Materials
- SMALL: Sport Weight Yarn (Shown in De Rerum Natura Ulysse; 100% Merino; 50g; 185 m/202 y)
- LARGE: DK Weight Yarn
MC: 100 yards (shown in Poivre Blanc)
CC: 70 yards (shown in Forêt)
- scraps of fingering, sport or DK weight yarn, sequins, beads for embroidery and decoration, if desired
- SMALL: US 3 (3.25 mm) needles, in preferred format for small circumference knitting
- LARGE: US 4 (3.5 mm) needles, in preferred format for small circumference knitting
- Darning needle
- Waste yarn
- SMALL: 28 sts/32 rounds over 4”/10cm square in pattern, after blocking.
- LARGE: 25 sts/28 rounds over 4”/10cm square in pattern, after blocking.