Deluxe Yoke O'Clock Kit
Knit a beautiful and practical piece of art. Worked in the round from the center out, this pattern takes the construction of a top-down yoke sweater and creates a working clock. If you've ever looked at your knitting and thought it would look great hanging on the wall, this is the project for you.
Three charts are offered in the pattern, along with a blank chart for creating your own design. Not sure where to start? For inspiration, look at the yoke sweater patterns you love - many can be easily adapted to this format.
A step-by-step photo tutorial for mounting your clock is included in the pattern. It’s a simple process that doesn’t take much more than 10 minutes, and requires no special tools beyond a pair of pliers.
- 12" vinyl LP (second-hand)
- Battery-powered clock mechanism with gold-coloured hour, minute and second hands
- PDF pattern with three chart options, a blank chart, and complete photo tutorial
- Exclusive 'Yoke O'Clock' spinner pin by Twill & Print
If you want to make more than one clock, add a Basic Kit to your cart and receive an extra LP and clock kit, without the other items.
Clock mechanism is a quiet sweep model. It does make some noise, but not a ticking sound. Mechanism is powered by 1 AA battery, not included.
NOTE: No yarn included in kit.
Items ship in 3-6 days.
Tools & Materials
YARN: Fingering weight, especially singly ply and 100% wool
Colour A: 100 yards
Colour B: 65 yards
Colour C (if using): 45 yards
- 2.75 mm (US 2) double-pointed needles, set of 5
- 2.75 mm (US 2) 16” circular needle
- Darning needle
- 12” Vinyl LP *
- Clock mechanism kit *
- Wax crayon or pencil
- Utility or kitchen knife
- Small pliers
- 1 AA battery
- Nail polish, if desired
* denotes items included in kit
- 24 sts/ 36 rounds over 4”/10cm square in stranded colour work in the round, after firm blocking