Resolution Hat Pattern
This hat pattern is worked flat on two straight needles and sewn up later to create a cylinder with a closed top. The advantage to making a hat this way is avoiding using circular or double-pointed needles. The disadvantage is you can’t try it on as you go.
Some knitters find seaming as difficult or intimidating as circular knitting. Both are essential techniques as you become more ambitious and experienced, and this pattern allows you to make a cute and trendy hat before you’ve mastered circular methods.
• Cast on, knit, purl, purl 2 together, knit 2 together
• Seaming with mattress stitch
• Cable crossings, if desired
Three sizes: child (14”/36 cm), small adult (16”/41 cm) and large adult (18”/46cm).
Tools & Materials
• 100-150 yards/90-135 meters worsted or aran weight yarn
• US 8/5 mm needles, straight
• Darning needle
• Pom pom, if desired